Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

The final decision was made this afternoon. We are Colorado bound. This is a huge opportunity for Bob and I am happy for him. Connor seems very excited about the move. He is excited to have water parks, museums, amusement parks, and most of all a ZOO. Carter is not so sure. He has a lot of questions about the logistics, how we will make sure all the bears make it and so on. We expected this and that is why we have been preparing them for this for a while. Both boys and I will miss our friends. I wish I had a time table for the complete move but I am thinking mid summer will be about right. I would like to get to Colorado in time to enjoy the few months of no snow :)

I have been reflecting a lot about this change for a few weeks now and I am ready to move on. Las Vegas was a huge change in our lives. I can honestly say that I really grew up in Las Vegas. This is where I learned that I can truly raise my family on my own. In Phoenix, we had so much help but in Vegas I had to learn to do things on my own, especially with Bob traveling so much. Vegas gave me a confidence in myself that I didn't have before.

Vegas will always be special to me and the people that I have come to love here will be hard to leave but everything in life has a season and our Vegas season coming to a close now feels right.

4 comments:

Tara W. said...

:[

Unknown said...

Waahhhh!!! We are going to miss you guys so much! But getting over my selfishness, I am really happy for this opportunity for you guys. You will probably love it there (not that I did, but I already tried to sway you with my Colorado horror stories, "Oh, the cold, the snow, the wind!" and that apparently did not work). :-)

April C.

Miranda said...

I can totally relate to your Vegas experience! And the recognition that it is time to move on. Good Luck!

Barb said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments~