Friday, February 22, 2008

Tadpole Drama, Oh My!

I finally have my car back. I missed it but it was nice to be home and quiet for a while. So, what did we do? Well, we watched the tadpoles grow legs and turn into little froglets. They finally have legs! This has been a major drama in our house. C2 got an Uncle Milton's tadpole kit for his birthday in August. It took until November for them to arrive. We followed all the directions but the silly things would not grow. At this point I went and read all the horrible reviews for this kit on online. Not wanting to be an inhumane tadpole owner, we researched habitats and the boys built this with almost no help from me:

They had to learn about how to slope the rock and stack heavier than lighter. They found a way to camoflauge the pump by creating a waterfall. They made landings for when the tadpoles started to get legs.

I surprised them with the sign. C2 thought it was hysterical.

Here is Raphael. He has the biggest head of the two. I don't think you can see his legs in the picture but they are there! Success----so far! And to think this little experiment has only taken 6 months and $150 so far! How fabulous is that!?! (sarcasm intended)



No comments: